- Serves 10
- Makes 40
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Are you looking for a simple, delicious, and colourful cookie recipe that does not involve a lot of time and effort and you can easily make with the kids? Then, try these perfectly shaped vanilla sugar cookies, decorated with colorful sprinkles!
These basic cookies are a must for a special event, such as birthday or anniversary or a stay-at-home baking activity with your kids. Make them colourful by adding sprinkles!
Ingredients (serves 10 | makes 40 Cookies)
- 3 cups All-purpose flour , sifted or aerated
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 225g Unsalted butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- Coloured sprinkles
- In a medium bowl, combine together flour and salt and mix.
- In a separate bowl, using electric mixer, beat softened butter and granulated sugar until light in color and fluffy. Add an egg and vanilla – continue beating for a couple minutes. Turn off the electric mixer, add flour-salt mixture and then continue beating on low speed until well-combined but without over mixing.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll these cookie balls in sprinkles. Arrange on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Freeze until firm, for about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 180 degrees C in the preheated oven for 14 minutes. Do not over-bake. Remove from the oven, and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
You can also use chocolate sprinkles too.