- Serves 4
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
A quick, delicious soup for the cooler months.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup small star pasta shapes
- 4 Tbsp good quality tomato paste
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Add oil, onion and garlic to a pan and cook on medium until onion is soft. Add the pasta and coat with the onion mixture, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato paste and stock and bring to the boil. (Your soup consistency will really depend on the quality of the tomato paste you use, so adjust accordingly).
- Simmer for 10 minutes or so until pasta is cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with crusty bread.