- Makes 50
- 90 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This cookie recipe is an old recipe passed down through my family. A favourite at our house, I’d bake this often as a youngster.
Ingredients (makes 50 cookies, depending on size)
- 125ml Unsalted Butter
- 250gm Sugar (white or raw)
- 1 Egg
- 30ml Milk
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 625gm Plain Flour
- 2.5gm Salt
- 10gm Baking Powder
- Additional sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add egg, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder. Bring together as a reasonably firm dough. Leave for 1 hour in a cool spot.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Roll out dough to approximately 3mm thick and cut out shapes as desired. Grease baking tray and place cookies approximately 2.5cm apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe makes 30-60 cookies, depending on size. I have made up to 60 small cookies (round, indented with a fork) and 30 large pressed cookies (see photo for example). Works well with chocolate or caramel chips. Works very well for pressed cookies. In the photo, I used Fred Dino presses - make sure the dough is cold when pressing and chill shapes for a few minutes before baking to ensure the shapes hold well while baking.