- Serves 12
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Perfect for an afternoon tea party with mums and bubs.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 2 cups Self-raising flour, sieved
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 1 x 70g Egg beaten
- 3 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Snack size apples, peeled, core removed and chopped into small cubes
- 3 Preserved ginger finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12 cup muffin tray with muffin cups and set aside. Use a large bowl, mix flour and sugar with a spatula. Make a well in the center. In a jar, whisk egg, oil, vanilla and milk briefly.
- Add wet ingredient to flour mixture, using the spatula to mix till just combined (do not over mix or the muffin will get tough). Fold in apple and ginger.
- Fill the muffin tin and bake in the center of oven for 20 minutes or until golden. Take them out of the oven, leave muffins in tin for 2 minutes, then cool on a cake rack.
This is a quick answer to a little girl's wish when she wants to make something magical with her snack apple. The simple muffin can be made by any promising young chef.