- Serves 7
- Makes 15
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
Kids love these and so do the grownups.
Ingredients (serves 7 | makes 15 )
- 1 Cup Unsalted butter
- 1 Cup Granulated sugar
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- In the bowl of your mixer cream butter and sugar until smooth, at least 3 minutes.
- Beat in extracts and egg.
- In a separate bowl combine baking powder with flour and add a little at a time to the wet ingredients. The dough will be very stiff. If it becomes too stiff for your mixer turn out the dough onto a countertop surface.
- Wet your hands and finish off kneading the dough by hand. Divide into workable batches, roll out onto a floured surface and cut. You want these cookies to be on the thicker side (closer to 1/4 inch rather than 1/8).
- Roll the dough and cut into teabag shape and make a hole at the top.
- Bake at 180 for 8-10 minutes. Let it cool on the cookie sheet until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
- Thread a string through the hole, use some sticky paper or teabag tag. Tie the loose end, dip them in melted chocolate and let it cool. Enjoy with tea or coffee.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.