- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
crispy lettuce cups filled with fresh Thai inspired beef! A tasty quick light midweek meal!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g porterhouse steak (or other good quality steak like eye fillet/rump)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander stems, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, very finely sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halves, seeds removed, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 baby cos lettuce
- 1 tablespoon peanuts, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- Heat a non stick frypan pan on a medium heat and cook the beef until medium rare, about 4 minutes each side, then set aside to allow to rest. I usually don’t add oil when I cook beef in my non stick pan, but you can add a touch of oil if you like.
- While the steak is resting in a bowl combine the garlic, coriander stems, fish sauce and lime juice. Then add in the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, coriander and mint leaves and mix well.
- Once the beef has rested thinly slice into strips then add the beef to the bowl of salad mix and stir well
- Arrange your lettuce leaves onto a serving plate and add in the beef mix, top with peanuts and chili and enjoy immediately.
You can also serve the beef mix in wraps, and add hommus and avocado if you like. You can leave out the chilli as well if you don’t like it hot!