- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
crispy lettuce cups filled with fresh Thai inspired beef! A tasty quick light midweek meal!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g porterhouse steak (or other good quality steak like eye fillet/rump)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander stems, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, very finely sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halves, seeds removed, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 baby cos lettuce
- 1 tablespoon peanuts, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- Heat a non stick frypan pan on a medium heat and cook the beef until medium rare, about 4 minutes each side, then set aside to allow to rest. I usually don’t add oil when I cook beef in my non stick pan, but you can add a touch of oil if you like.
- While the steak is resting in a bowl combine the garlic, coriander stems, fish sauce and lime juice. Then add in the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, coriander and mint leaves and mix well.
- Once the beef has rested thinly slice into strips then add the beef to the bowl of salad mix and stir well
- Arrange your lettuce leaves onto a serving plate and add in the beef mix, top with peanuts and chili and enjoy immediately.