- Serves 4
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 17 Ingredients
A quick and easy Thai meal, full of flavour.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3 cups cooked Jasmine rice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2cm knob of ginger
- 1 large carrot coarsely grated
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple diced
- 1/2 tsp sugar (omit if your pineapple is quite ripe)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground white pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped coriander
- Sliced chilli optional
- Cook cashews on a baking tray for 5 mins, in a preheated oven set to 180 degrees Celsius. Set aside.
- Crush garlic and ginger in a mortar and pestle. Heat oil in a wok or fry pan. Add the ginger and garlic and fry, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the carrot, tomato and onion and fry, continuing to stir, for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and pineapple and fry for 1 minute.
- Mix in the sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce and pepper.
- Push the rice mixture to one side of the wok to make room to fry the eggs. Add a little more oil if needed and fry the eggs until they just start to set. Gently begin to break up the partially cooked eggs and fold them into the rice mixture.
- Remove the wok from the heat and fold in the coriander.
- Serve in bowls with the roasted cashews on top and optional sliced chillies.
This recipe is great by its self or served with chicken, fish or seafood.