- Makes 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
The easiest way to use up stale (or fresh) croissants!
Ingredients (makes 4 Medium Croissants)
- 1 Store bought pack of croissants
- 75g Soft butter
- 1/4 cup Pure Icing Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Essence
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 1 Cup Almond Meal
- Cut in half your store bought croissants and lay them out on a lined oven tray.
- Mix together butter, sugar, flour almond essence and almond meal to a grainy but soft and workable texture.
- Spread the mixture out on the bottom half of each croissants. Replace the top half of the croissant and spread a thin amount of the mixture on top.
- Lay out the sliced almonds into a shallow container and dip the top of the croissants into it so the almonds stick to the mixture.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Dust with icing mixture, and serve warm.
Coles have a bag of mini croissants that would be perfect to use with this recipe if you’d prefer them for a high tea!