Mushroom Risotto heaven! Hearty risotto that is packed with mushrooms and garlic. A great winter warmer that is good for you too!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1.5 litres chicken or vegetable stock
- 10 grams dried porcini mushrooms
- 100 grams butter
- 200 grams swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 300 grams button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic ,chopped finely
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped finely
- 1 large brown onion , chopped finely
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 CUP finely grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Bring stock and dried porcini mushrooms to a gentle simmer in a med. saucepan
- Meanwhile, melt 30 g of the butter in a lge. heavy based saucepan , cook mushrooms in batches, stirring over high heat until softened and browned slightly .
- Add garlic, cook, stirring until fragrant, but not browned. .Season to taste , remove from pan.
- melt 50 g of the remaining butter in same heavy based pan . Cook onion, anchovies and thyme sprigs, stirring until soft.
- Add the rice, stir to coat in onion mixture. Cook , stirring for 1 minute. Add wine, simmer, uncovered, until liquid had absorbed
- Stir in 1/2 cup of hot stock< cook , stirring over low heat ,until liquid has absorbed. Continue adding stock mixture, 1/2 cup at a time ,stirring between each addition, until all the liquid has been absorbed. ( this step should take about 20 minutes)
- Discard thyme sprigs. Stir in mushrooms, parmesan, thyme leaves and remaining butter . Season to taste