- Serves 20
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 15 Ingredients
This beautiful Chilli Con Carne recipe will be a hit this winter!
Ingredients (serves 20)
- 1kg Tilda Easy Cook Basmati Rice or 1kg Tilda Pure Basmati Dry Rice
- 2.5kg lean beef mince or lean lamb mince, coarsely ground
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 large onions, sliced , sliced
- 6 garlic cloves , crushed
- 5 large red chillies , fresh , deseeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 3 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1.6kg tomatoes , canned, chopped
- 100g tomato puree
- 600g red kidney beans , canned, drained
- salt and pepper , to season
- 30 g soured cream (or a lactose free alternative) , to serve
- fresh coriander , to garnish
- Heat a large frying pan until hot, then brown the mince in half of the oil until it is separate and crumbly, then remove from the pan.
- To the meat juices add the remaining oil and fry the onions, garlic and chillies. Stir in the spices and oregano and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 3. Add the mince back into the pan with the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree, bring to the boil, then partly cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the Basmati rice according to pack instructions.
- Add the kidney beans to the mince and cook for a further 5 minutes
- 6. Season to taste and serve on top of the rice with soured cream and spring onions to garnish.
Recipe curtsey of Tilda