- Serves 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Very easy pasta sauce. Great to add to mince, meatballs, bacon or even tuna with it. Really lovely with lots of grated parmesan and cheddar on top!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tin Tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Beef oxo cube made into stock 250ml
- 1/2 glass red wine
- 1 tsp mixed herbs or just oregano
- basil leaves to serve
- Chop onions and garlic. Cook in a little water to soften approx 5 mins.
- Add tomatoes, stock, wine and herbs.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until sauce thickens a bit stirring frequently. Puree sauce in blender till smooth.
Add to meat balls or just pasta and top with fresh basil leaves and lots of grated cheese.