Very easy pasta sauce. Great to add to mince, meatballs, bacon or even tuna with it. Really lovely with lots of grated parmesan and cheddar on top!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tin Tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Beef oxo cube made into stock 250ml
- 1/2 glass red wine
- 1 tsp mixed herbs or just oregano
- basil leaves to serve
- Chop onions and garlic. Cook in a little water to soften approx 5 mins.
- Add tomatoes, stock, wine and herbs.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until sauce thickens a bit stirring frequently. Puree sauce in blender till smooth.