Transport yourself back to the 50’s …back to the milk bar era. This delicious dessert with a tropical twist will have your taste buds popping and your legs a bopping.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 Banana
- 1 Kiwi fruit
- 1 slice Pineapple
- 2 scoops Ice cream
- 2 dollops Cream
- 4 Glace cherries
- 1 handful Flaked almonds
- Passionfruit and mango coulis
- FOR THE: Passionfruit and Mango Coulis
- 1 Mango
- 1/2 Orange, juiced
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 tblespn Sugar
- 2 Passionfruit, pulped
- TO MAKE THE COULIS: Peel the mango and cut the flesh into pieces. In a food processor, blend the mango flesh, orange juice, lemon juice and sugar to a purée. If the mango is a little fibrous, strain the sauce into a bowl.
- Stir in the passionfruit pulp. Refrigerate the coulis until required. If it is too thick, add a little orange juice before serving.
- TO ASSEMBLE THE SPLIT: Peel the banana and discard the skin. Cut the banana down the middle, length wise and place in a long dish. Peel the kiwi fruit and discard the skin. Cut the kiwi in half and place at the end of the banana. Cut a ring from the pineapple and remove the skin and discard the skin. Cut the ring of pineapple into sml triangle pieces and place next to the kiwi. Place two scoops of ice cream in the middle of the banana and top with 2 cherries. Place a dollop of cream on each kiwi half and top with a cherry. Sprinkle with flaked almonds. Drizzle the coulis either side of the banana.
- Now you are ready to dig in. EnJoY!