I modified my husbands original recipe to incorporate the turkey and it was an absolute winner! I think we prefer it this way, cheaper, healthier AND we can win $10k every time we do it!!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 500g Ingham's Turkey Mince
- 2 Carrots Roughly Chopped
- 2 Celery Sticks Roughly Chopped
- 1 Onion finely Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1 Can Tinned Tomatoes
- 1/2 Jar Sundried tomatoes roughly Chopped (or 1 tablespoon Tomato purcee)
- 1/2 Pack of any pasta!
- Handful Fresh Basil (Optional)
- Lightly Fry the Turkey mince in Olive Oil until Browned. Put to one side and then fry the onions, carrots, garlic and celery until soft (add a little more Olive Oil if required).
- Return the Turkey Mince to the pan, add salt and pepper, the tinned tomatoes, the sundried tomatoes (or paste if substituting) and maybe a glug of red wine if you have! Bring to the boil and simmer for about 30 mins.
- While the sauce is cooking, bring a pan of boiling water to the boil, add the pasta and cook according to instructions.