- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 14 Ingredients
Savoury Oats recipe for breakfast or healthy lunch. Packed with vegetables. Turmeric adds colour as well as nice flavors packed with health benefits.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 CUP QUICK OATS
- 1/4 CUP ONION CHOPPED
- 1/2 CUP FROZEN PEAS, CORN CARROT MIX
- 1/2 CUP TOMATO CHOPPED
- 1/2 CUP ROUGHELY CHOPPED SPINACH
- 1/4 CUP CAPSICUM (GREEN OR RED)
- 3-4 Tbsp OLIVE OIL
- 1/2 Tsp TURMERIC POWDER
- 2 Tsp LEMON JUICE
- 1/4 Tsp CUMIN POWDER
- 1 TsP CORIANDER POWDER
- TO TASTE SALT AND PEPPER
- 3 CUPS WATER
- 1 SMALL RED CHILLI (OPTIONAL)
- In a sauce pan dry roast oats for 2 to 3 minutes and take them out in a bowl. Its completely optional but enhances the flavor of oats.
- Heat up same pan on medium flame. Add oil and all vegetables except spinach. Saute vegetables for a minute. Add pinch of salt, mix well and cover and cook on slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add roasted oats, salt, pepper, turmeric, cumin powder and coriander powder. Add water and mix well. Cover and cook for 10 minutes and slow medium flame.
- If oats are looking dry adjust water as per your choice. Add lemon juice and spinach and mix well. Turn off the flame and serve.