If you’re after meat free options for your family, this Vegetarian Sausage Rolls Recipe is the bomb.
We think that any combination of yummy ingredients wrapped up in a wonderful layer of puff pastry is going to be a hit. This Vegetarian Sausage Rolls is particularly easy and is the perfect way to pack in loads of vegies!
Of course these are brilliant for dinner, picnics or lunch in the garden at home. But they’re also the best for lunchboxes or cut them up into bit size pieces to serve with a few drinks with friends.
Here’s what MoM Member Vaughn said when she posted her Vegetarian Sausage Rolls recipe …
“Looking for meat free recipes, I found this. Love it. Easy and delicious. Hubby even enjoys and he’s a massive carnivore.”
Thanks for sharing Vaughn … we think we have a new favourite recipe!
If you’re shopping for puff pastry think about how much many sheets you are going to need. We find that leftover pastry can get a little tricky trying to seal up properly to store in the freezer. Unless of course you want to use up the leftover sheets with a little sweet treat like these Pecan Maple Bombs!
Serve your Vegetarian Sausage Rolls with a yummy Tomato and Capsicum Relish.
And if you really can’t get your head (or your family’s heads) around Vegetarian Sausage Rolls, here’s a delicious Pork & Fennel Sausage Rolls Recipe they will devour!
Once you’ve tried this Vegatarian Sausage Rolls recipe, we’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
If you have a favourite recipe you think other Mums would like, share it! We’ll share it across the MoM Community and we’re betting everyone will be thanking you for sharing.
If you do love Puff Pastry, there are so many recipes you might like to try on Mouths of Mums. Here’s just a few:
Ingredients (serves 8 | makes 16 sausage rolls Depending on the size you cut them into)
- 2 Tblsps Olive oil
- 1 small onion Chopped finely
- 1 Tblsp Finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 small carrot Grated
- 80gms broccoli Finely chopped
- 400gm tinned lentils Drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups Grated cheese
- 2 sheets Puff pastry
- Sesame seeds
- 1 1/4 cups Multi grain bread crumbs
- Heat oil in pan and cook veggies and lentils til soft. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Pre heat oven to 200*C
- Process lentil/Veggie mix with eggs, breadcrumbs and cheese till well combined.
- Divide mix evenly along 4 pieces of puff pastry. Roll up and brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Bake approximately 20 minutes, or until golden and puffed.