These delicious ANZAC’s are in memory of our Diggers.
Ingredients (makes 36 biscuits)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup traditional oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup wattleseeds
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, crushed into chunky bits
- 1/4 cup NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE white chocolate bits
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 125 g butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Extra white choc and macadamia nuts for decorating top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour. Add oats, coconut, wattleseeds, macadamia nuts, choc bits, caster and brown sugars. Mix well.
- Combine butter, golden syrup and water in a small saucepan over low-medium heat and stir until butter melts and mixture is well combined. Remove from heat and stir in bicarbonate of soda. Add immediately to dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to stir until well combined. (if you feel the mix is a little to dry for you, you can add a small amount more of water or golden syrup).
- Roll walnut-sized portions of mixture into balls and place on prepared tray about 5 cm apart. Gently press each ball with your finger to flatten. Sprinkle with extra macadamia nuts (optional). Bake 15-20 minutes until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. The biscuits will harden as they cool.
- TIP: For a soft, chewy Anzac biscuit ..Omit the brown sugar and increase the caster sugar to 3/4 cup. Bake for 15 mins. For a thin and crispy biscuit ..Omit the caster sugar and increase the brown sugar to 3/4 cup. Bake for 18-20 mins.
- After the ANZAC's are cooled you may wish to drizzle with white chocolate and macadamia nuts like I have or just macadamia nuts or simply leave them plain topped, the result is up to you. Enjoy and HAVE A WONDERFUL AND BLESSED ANZAC DAY Everyone.