- Difficulty Easy
If you like a bit of White Christmas for the festive season, you’ll love WHITE EASTER! Happy, bright and colourful. We love Easter recipes that are so easy kids of almost any age can make them!
I can’t lay any claim to this idea – it came from my children. I told them I was on the look out for Easter recipes and they asked if we could make an Easter version of their Christmas Favourite.
For the ‘White’ in the White Easter, you’ll need:
- 1 cup powdered milk (skim or full cream is fine)
- 1/2 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 cups rice bubbles (or any brand of plain bubbles)
- 180g copha
- 90g white chocolate
For the ‘Easter’ in the White Easter, we used:
- Cadbury Mini Eggs
- 1 cup of solid chocolate mini eggs (foil wrappers removed)!
The How to:
- Melt the Copha slowly in a small saucepan and then set aside to cool slightly.
- Place all the ingredients for the ‘White’ part of this recipe (except the Copha) into a large bowl.
- Pour the Copha into the bowl with all the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Then pour the mixture into a flan tin, slice tin or a flat tray with sides (or you could make these in cupcake papers if you wanted to create individual serves)
Then sprinkle all your Easter eggs over the top and then press them all gently into the mixture.
Once you have a nice spread of eggs, place into the fridge until it is very solid. Once it’s nice and hard, remove from tin, chop into chunks with a chef’s knife and serve on a platter with a few additional Easter Eggs scattered around for extra colour.
This will store well in tupperware in the fridge (if there’s any left that is)!