- Makes 12
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 13 Ingredients
These whole wheat banana honey macadamia muffins look sensational!
Australia is the birthplace of macadamias and the story of The World’s Finest Nut began thousands of years ago. Today, they are grown in the same rich, fertile soils and have the natural advantage of being grown in their country of origin.
Ingredients (makes 12 )
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted macadamias, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup macadamia oil
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/3 cup plain yoghurt
- 2 tsp macadamias, roasted, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced. Line a 12-hole 1/3 cup capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
- Sift flours, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl. Stir in macadamias, sugar and desiccated coconut. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk banana, 1/4 cup honey, oil, eggs and yoghurt in a jug. Pour into well and gently fold until just combined. Three-quarter fill muffin holes with mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes in pan then turn onto a wire rack.
- Heat remaining honey in microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds. Brush tops of warm muffins with warm honey. Sprinkle with the roasted macadamias. ￼
This recipe is courtesy of The Australian Macadamia Society.