- Difficulty Easy
- 1 Ingredients
Vegemite Scrolls using wholemeal flour and lashings of cheese for the kids aren’t as hard to make as you might think.
This simple-to-make lunchbox snack is a wholesome and filling ingredient for a fun lunch for the kids, which is exactly why we love these wholemeal, cheesy vegemite scrolls.
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- 500g (3 3/4 cups) wholemeal bread flour
- 7g sachet (2 tsp) dried yeast
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 350ml warm water, approximately
- 1 tbs canola oil*
- 1 1/2 tbs Vegemite
- 1 cup grated reduced fat tasty cheese*
- Canola oil spray*
*Products available with the Heart Foundation Tick. Remember all fresh fruit and vegetables automatically qualify for the Tick.
- Combine flour, yeast and sugar in a large bowl and then stir in canola oil and enough warm water to form a dough.
- Turn dough onto a clean, lightly floured bench and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Add a little extra flour to the bench as required.
- Lightly grease a large bowl with cooking spray, place dough in bowl, cover loosely with plastic wrap and stand in a warm spot for 30-40 minutes or until dough has almost doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan-forced).
- Punch down dough with a fist and then knead again on a lightly floured surface until it is smooth and elastic. Roll out the dough onto a floured surface to form a 30cm x 30cm square.
- Spread Vegemite evenly over dough and sprinkle with 3/4 cups of the grated cheese. Roll up dough and cut into 10 pieces.
- Grease a large oven tray with cooking spray. Place the vegemite scrolls pieces, cut side down, on a prepared tray and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of grated cheese.
- Cover the vegemite scrolls loosely with a clean, dry tea towel and return to warm spot for 15 minutes or until doubled in size once more.
- Bake the vegemite scrolls in preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until they are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped with knuckles.
Recipe Vegemite Scrolls with Cheese
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.