- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 14 Ingredients
A delicious warming recipe that the whole family can enjoy on a cold winter’s morning.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup oats or oatmeal
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 4 dates, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons LSA
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup coconut milk, or any milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or 1 vanilla bean seeds scraped
- 1 apple, grated
- 1/2 cup Greek Natural Yoghourt
- 4 sticks of rhubarb, cut into 4cm pieces
- sprinkle of raw sugar to taste
- To garnish: coconut flakes, honey, chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds
- Soak the chia seeds & oats with the apple juice & chopped dates. Allow to sit for 10 minutes, while you get all your other ingredients together. Place the rhubarb on a lined baking tray. Sprinkle with sugar & bake for 10-15 minutes.
- In a pot combine the LSA, spices, milk, vanilla & grated apple. Add the soaked chia & oat mix. Place the pot on a medium heat. Cook stirring frequently, for approx. 15-20 minutes. Lastly stir through the yoghourt.
- Serve into bowls. Top with rhubarb, dollop generously with yoghourt, honey (optional), & sprinkle with seed mix.