- Serves 6
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
A delicious meatball recipe that’s perfect for Winter. It’s so good it’ll become a family favourite in your house.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 kg pork and beef mince
- 120 grams pancetta
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tins of crushed tomatoes
- 1 jar of passata
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 500 grams spaghetti
- To make the meatballs: Dice up the pancetta and combine it in a bowl with the mince, eggs, parsley and parmesan.
- Soak breadcrumbs in milk and then add to the mince mixture.
- Make small meatballs by rolling the mince mixture in your hands.
- Fry meatballs in batches in a frypan for a few minutes to brown.
- To make the sauce: Chop up garlic and onion finely and fry until lightly brown in a saucepan.
- Add tins of tomatoes, passata and browned meatballs to pan, cook on low for 45 minutes.
- Boil water in a saucepan and cook pasta.
- Combine pasta and sauce and eat!
I cook this amount for my family of 6, you could freeze half the sauce and meatballs for another meal if you don't need as much.