- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
YoYo Biscuits are the biscuits MoM Member Lisa has been making since she was a little girl. In fact it’s the only recipe she knows by heart!
We can see why it’s always been a favourite … YoYo biscuits are always so buttery and crumbly and the icing in the centre is a sweet surprise.
Have a little fun with your YoYo Biscuits;
- Add some food colouring to the icing (it doesn’t really hold its colour in the actual biscuit mixture)
- Add one or two Dollar Sweets Cachous to the centre of the flower.
- Dip one section of your YoYo biscuits into melted chocolate and allow to dry as is or sprinkle with sprinkles while the chocolate is still a little wet.
- Switch up the flavour of your icing – add a little orange juice, a little drop of your favourite spirit or some lime zest and a little juice.
- 170g Butter
- 170g Plain Flour
- 60g Custard powder
- 60g Icing sugar
- Beat butter and sugar until white
- Add sifted flour and custard powder and mix until combined
- Roll into small balls and press down with a fork or use a biscuit forcer to make lovely shapes
- Bake in a moderate oven until just crisp - do not brown. Takes approx 10 mins
- Allow to cool on a rack before icing
- Make some icing with a tsp of melted butter and icing sugar. Add a little water and combine until thick enough to spread on biscuits and join 2 biscuits together
Yoyo Biscuits are of course top of the list, but if you're a really big biscuit fan, you might like to try some of these recipes:
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.