- Makes 24
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
Zucchini Muffins are a wonderful alternative to Fruit Muffins and are a great way to add vegetables to everyone’s diet.
These Zucchini Muffins are a little sweet rather than savoury so they are guaranteed to be a winner in school lunchboxes, for morning tea at home … or even with a little ice cream for dessert.
If your children have a ‘vegetable’ radar and can spot a vegetable a mile off, peel the zucchini first – that way your zucchini muffins won’t even look like they include zucchini. For all the kids know, the little lumps of zucchini could be banana or apple!
Look for zucchinis on special – buy them nice and cheap and double batch your Zucchini Muffins. This recipe will freeze beautifully so perfect for the kids to grab & go on school mornings!
Ingredients (makes 24 -30 mini muffins)
- 2/3 cups Self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1/3 cup Self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cup Grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Optional topping:
- 1/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Combine the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Stir the zucchini, milk, honey, egg, oil and vanilla essence in a separate bowl until well mixed.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the zucchini mixture, stirring until just combined. Spoon into prepared muffin trays. Sprinkle the optional topping of combined sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans and cool immediately.
The flavour of theses muffins can be changed subtlety by using other spices such as nutmeg, ground cloves or mixed spice.