- Serves 6
- 1.5 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
If you’re after a twist on an old favourite … you need to try this Zucchini Slice with Fetta and Peas. Even more flavoursome than the traditional recipe.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 4-5 med. zucchini, grated
- 3-4 spring onions sliced
- 1 clove garlic ,crushed
- 150 grams Sliced ham
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cummin
- 3/4 cup peas
- 250 grams feta cheese , crumbled ( put aside some for garnish)
- 100 grams parmesan cheese
- 150 grams self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- black pepper
- 6 eggs
- small handful pepetas
- Line a 22cm round cake tin with baking paper . preheat oven to 170 deg.
- Heat a little oil in frying pan , add spring onions and garlic. Fry gently 1-2 minutes.
- Tear ham slices roughly and add to pan along with the cumin .
- Squeeze as much moisture from the zucchini as possible and add to pan. fry gently
- In a bowl add peas, feta, parmesan ,flour,baking powder,salt and pepper and eggs . mix well
- Add ham mixture to bowl and mix well.
- Pour into pan. Top with some thinly sliced zucchini, reserved feta and pepitas
- Bake for 55 minutes or until set
This Zucchini Slice was delicious and kept well. I found the flavours were even better the next day.