The young boy tested positive for the drug after ending up in hospital.

The boy said the only thing he’d put in his mouth was a pair of fake vampire teeth.

The Galion Police Department in Ohio said in a statement they began investigating after a report that the boy had fallen sick on Sunday. They have sent the teeth to a lab for analysis.

The boy’s mother, said she rushed to the hospital after hearing he had a seizure, reported 9 news.

“He was disoriented, he didn’t know who was who and where he was at,” Pence said. “They told me that my son had methamphetamine in his urine.”

And then they asked if the boy had been trick-or-treating.

“You could tell at the hospital that he was real high from whatever he ingested,” she said.

“This is an oddity,” Galion Police Chief Brian Saterfield said. “This is not something that happens all the time.”

No further reports of sick kids had been filed since the town’s trick-or-treating event.

However, parents were right to be cautious at this time of year.

He said: “I think parents should always be concerned, looking at the candy. Look for anything that looks out of place, if the candy bag is open or ripped, throw it away.”

Share your comments below

We may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.
  • Oh goodness, that is just awful.


  • Now that’s really scary. Poor family.


  • Perhaps he ate something else as well like a little pill that was the shape of an M&M? Pretty scary for everyone involved though. Hope he’s recovering ok.


  • OMG, this is shocking. I’m not entirely clear what happened or how, but this is just shocking. Glad the little boy is OK.


  • Hope the little boy is okay. There are some sickos in this world and I hope they get what is coming to them.


  • Personally we are totally against Halloween and everything that goes with it. A bit of an oxymoron to tell kids not to take things from strangers but let them collect lollies etc from people they don’t know. There are some very sick people in this world and unfortunately this poor little boy may have met one and not known. It might not be the full story but still a relevant lesson I think..


  • From what I have witnessed children are often given loose lollies or singularly wrapped ones. You don’t know if they are wrapped by a professional confectionery place or by an amateur


  • Poor kid, I hope no other kids ingest it


  • Only if it’s supervised! My whole street does this, it becomes an affair.


  • So sick !
    I agree that teaching your kids to knock on doors and take candies from strangers is bizarre. Halloween is not for me, that’s for sure.


  • I would only let my kids eat things that are wrapped, saying that, my kids don’t go trick or treating anyhow.


  • Sounds to me that meth had been added to the candy, you need to make sure it is still sealed in a packet, not loose. Very sad for this little boy.


  • Hope he is ok now


  • I’m lost. He got meth from the teeth? Or from candy from trick or treating?

    • I agree – there seem to be gaps in the story and I cannot piece it all together.


  • The whole concept of Halloween is bizarre. Teach your kids jot to take candy from strangers…but yetallow them to go trick or treating…?

    • Yep, I totally agree.
      Parents need to supervise their children if they are going to participate in it & don’t accept food from strangers. Where I live the kids only go to homes that are known to be safe, close community is safer for the kids.


Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Add a photo
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like


Looks like this may be blocked by your browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating