This is the perfect project to make for a special child as a gift. A special occasion like a baby shower, birthday, Christmas or just because you can!
- 1 350g (612m) Red Heart Wool (choice of colour)
- 1 roll Choice of any other wool and colour
- 1 8mm Crochet Hook
- 1 Yarn Needle
- Using Red Heart Wool.
First chain a row of 100.
- Double crochet into the 2nd chain from the hook and each chain after.
- Chain 2 (this counts as a double crochet).
Turn work and double crochet in each front loop only.
Repeat this step until your blanket is the length you desire.
- Using your second chosen wool.
Chain 90 and tie off. Repeat this so you have 6 chain ropes.
Thread these ropes through the blanket at even intervals, 3 at top and 3 at bottom.
You can use any wool and colour for this project. By using a smaller crochet hook, your stitches will be smaller and bigger using a larger hook. You can also add as many chain ropes into the blanket at the end as you like for your preferred effect.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: