This kids-size hammock chair is simple and easy to make. It is re-written with permission from Heavenly Hammocks.
- 170cm x 120cm Strong Canvas
- 90cm x 3cm Wooden Dowel
- 3/8" Wood Drill Bit
- 5m Braided Polypropylene or Paracord Rope
- 1 Decorative Pillow
- 1 Sewing Machine
- 1 Electric Drill
- 1 Scissors
- 1 Lighter
- Cut canvas to 170x120cm.
- Place the canvas down horizontally - 170cm wide. Measure 30cm in from the top right and left corners. Draw a line down to the bottom corners, forming triangles. Cut these triangles off.
- Hem the diagonal sides. Fold over by 2cm twice, pin them down, then hem them.
- Hem the horizontal (parallel) sides. Do it by 2cm, folded twice, as the previous step.
- With the diagonal sides, fold them in by 16cm and pin it down. Stitch it down securely. This will form a tunnel that you can pass a rope through. Sewing is now complete.
- In your dowel, drill 2 holes in both ends of the wood. That's a total of 4 holes. Holes should be approximately 5cm and 10cm in from the ends.
- Thread the rope through the wood, tying it off above the wood, then moving downwards, pass it through your canvas tunnel, then back up towards the wood, tying off the rope again before threading through the wood. Now you've done one side. Do the symmetrical opposite for the other side.
- Melt the ends of your rope if it's frayed from cutting.
- Tie a knot at the top of your hammock rope, leaving a small loop. Attach a carabiner to the loop.
- Add a decorative pillow.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: