A sensory quilt for babies to big kids. Cot sized quilt
- 60cm each of ten of different textured fleece fabric, I use two different colour/patterns of the same texture
- 1m x 1.4 cotton wadding, use the thinner stuff not polyester
- 1.2m x 1.5m cotton, flannel anything for backing
- 1 quilters square 10"
- 1 cutting mat
- 1 rotary cutter
- 1 packet sewing pins
- 1 packet safety pins
- Cut the fleece fabric into ten inch squares you need two squares of each fabric
- Set out the design of your quilt, be creative I try not to get the same textures near each other. Pin rows together, not the entire thing
- Sew with 1/4 inch seams until all rows are complete, then sew the rows together to make the quilt. Look at the picture.
- place top of quilt onto the wadding cut to size if it a little shorter, pin it with safety pins to keep in place. Then place onto the backing there will be overflow of the backing don't trim it.
- Now turn the sides of the backing to give the quilt a border (please note the pictured quilt hasn't been backed) pin it into place. Sew the border into place.
Then stitch in the ditch, sew alone the rows of squares. And then trim off any threads and its done!
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: