Red and Yellow Cotton Baby Blanket. The yarn is washable and anti-bacterial. The blanket itself is a bit heavy and chunky, but it is warm and soft on the skin. It took me around 8-9 months to complete as I am still a beginner.
- 11 Skeins of Yellow Baby Cotton (Egyptian) Cotton Yarn
- 11 Skeins of Red Baby Cotton (Egyptian) Cotton Yarn
- 1 Set of No 4, 5 Bamboo knitting needles.
- I used Lion Brand Yarn's pattern generator (for afghans) to help me decide on colours.
- Since it was my first project I knitted the whole blanket in garter stitch. Each quadrant was 50 st x 45 rows.
- The blanket size is 100cm x 160cm
This project is a very special one for me, because it is my first knitting project ever. My grandmother taught me how to knit at the age of 24 (better late than never). I decided to have a baby blanket for my first project, because I wanted to knit something special for someone truly special I haven't seen yet :) As a wanna-be mum I can't wait to start using my baby blanket.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: