My 14 year old has constant pain from her belly button spanning out to the left and right sides, mostly right.
She doesn’t have her appendix, she doesn’t get extremely high temps. However she hasn’t had a menstrual cycle for the past year approx, where she was extremely consistent. Any advice?
We have a GP appointment, however this is the latest in a large amount of doctor appointments

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
  • How is your daughter going now ? Have you been able to receive some clarity ?

  • As others have said. Push for an ultrasound! Ryans rule.
    I used to have several abdominal pain in the left side. So bad I’d be in tears. Drs oy gave me blood tests and told me nothing was wrong for months and months.
    I had acupuncture treatments and found that eating dairy was a huge issue for me!
    I had an issue in my spleen from diet, so probiotics and cutting out dairy helped me.
    But yeah push your dr!

  • At the GP appointment, press for an ultrasound. That’s non invasive and could tell you a lot.

  • See your doctor as soon as possible. There are many reasons for pain. Children suffer from constipation and the pain from that alone is terrible. If your daughter had her period and has stopped I would ask for full blood test and a referral to a gynaecologist as soon as possible. Check her Iron levels teenagers suffer with low iron and having this checked will help. Discuss as much as you can with the doctor.

  • Has Crohns disease been looked at? Or maybe another form of bowel issues??

  • I would suggest going and getting a referal to a gyno, or a woman doctor who will listen. Not to diagnose, as i am not a doctor, however, it could be endo or pcos. good luck and praying you find a solution soon.

  • I would get a referral to a gynaecologist if your not getting answers and no period, they may refer her to a women’s hospital.

  • I’m hesitant to even try to answer your question as I’m not a doctor. This is absolutely something for the doctor, you may need a referral to a specialist. Seek a 2nd opinion when you’re not pleased with your Gp’s actions.

  • Sounds like something cycle based? Definitely check in with her gp or even see a gynacologist if it seems cycle based?

Post your reply
Add a photo
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating