Does anyone know if there are any alarms that can be used to sound if an adult stops breathing to alert their partner? The only ones I can find are for SIDS for babies.

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
  • I hope so!
    I personally don’t really know but I hope you find something.
    Can you ask the GP?

  • Not sure about alarms but I use a CPAP machine and feel so much better for it

  • Definitely see your GP and go to a sleep clinic.
    My husband has really bad sleep apnea and now wears a cpap machine for nights and life is so much better for him.

  • Good question! I’ve never heard of them, but there might be some associated with CPAP machines.

  • Sleep clinics are worth looking into, again in consultation with a GP.

  • Definitely need management through go or a specialist who may be able to assist you more

  • Sleep apnoea should be managed by a GP with referrals to relevant professionals.

  • Definitely book a Sleep Test. You can die from sleep apnoea if not treated. I know quite a few people on CPAP machines which pump air into your lungs. This condition can start at any age and any weight.

  • A friend of ours had a huge face mask contraption for his sleep apnoea. It was so uncomfortable to wear, he stopped

  • Go to the drs and get a referral to a clinic to have a sleep test at a hospital and they will test and see what needs to be done, as this is the best way.

  • My husband is a bad snorer and I would love to find something to help him

  • Yes, there are certainly apnea monitors for adults on the market !

Post your reply
Add a photo
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating