This Baked Cherry Ripe Slice is so juicy, moist and a little chewy. I much prefer this to the unbaked version!
Ingredients (serves 16)
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 Tbs cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 125 g melted butter
- 100g choc ripple biscuits, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 200 g red glace cherries, chopped
- few drops red food colouring-or as desired or even left out
- 50 g dark chocolate
- Preheat over 180C. Line a 20cm x 30cm baking pan.
- Mix self raising flour, cocoa powder, sugar, melted butter and choc ripple biscuits together and press into prepared pan, bake for 20 minutes.
- For the coconut filling, mix together coconut, condensed milk, cherries and food colour.
- Spread evenly over base and return to oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Melt dark chocolate drizzle over cooled slice.
- For a decorative effect, drizzle with white chocolate then when chocolate is set cut into squares and serve.
If you're not a big fan of cherries, you can leave out the cherries and food colour and it becomes more like a Bounty Bar. Both so yummy!