- Makes 12
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
These Banana Muffins with dark chocolate are the ultimate treat! A delicious, rich and fudge-like consistency but with a protein punch from the yoghurt and all sorts of goodness from the bananas.
Ingredients (makes 12 )
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Yoghurt (Greek is best but any flavour will do)
- 1/2 Cup Milk (can use any milk - I use dairy or almond milk)
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup (the real stuff, not fake flavoured)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Wholemeal Flour
- 1/2 Cup Dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink salt
- 1/2 Cup Dark Choc chips
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Mash bananas in large bowl. Add eggs & mix thoroughly. Then mix in the remaining wet ingredients (yoghurt, milk, maple syrup and vanilla).
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in choc chips.
- Spoon mix into greased or lined muffin tins. Fill to about 2/3 full.
- Bake 30-35 min or until the toothpick-coming-out-clean test is passed. Cool for 10 min. Eat as many as you want!
PS: These Dark Choc Banana Muffins freeze well. Great for school lunches as a treat but with lots of good ingredients ... the kids will have full tummies but with the goodness of long release energy.If you're a fan of these banana muffins, here's a few more MUFFIN recipes you might like to try: