- Serves 6
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Hard
- 10 Ingredients
Say hello to Spring with this delicious recipe – packed with protein, a load of Spring Greens and creamy feta cheese. This Broccoli Feta and Quinoa Slice is perfect for lunches on its own, as a side to chicken or salmon or as an additional hot dish for any get together.
Spring Cleaning’s not just about the house! Clean out your pantry and fridge to make way for wholesome and nourishing ingredients and recipes.
This new, healthy and delicious recipe is from Fitspo Star Sophie Guidolin.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 500g Broccoli
- 250g Packet microwave brown rice and quinoa
- 1 teaspoon Finely grated lemon rind
- 250g Feta, crumbled
- 4 Green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Fresh dill sprigs
- 4 Eggs, beaten lightly
- ½ cup (80g) Wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2-3 Lemon wedges, to serve
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm x 30cm slice pan and line base and long sides with baking paper, extending paper over long sides.
- 2. Trim end of main broccoli stem. Reserve 1 cup broccoli florets. Coarsely chop remaining florets and stem; pulse in a food processor until the size of rice grains.
- 3. Transfer processed broccoli to a large bowl. Add rice blend, rind, half the feta, three-quarters of the onion, the garlic, half of the dill and the egg; stir to combine. Add flour; stir well to combine. Season.
- 4. Pour mixture into prepared pan; smooth the surface, then top with reserved broccoli and remaining feta. Bake for 45 minutes or until firm, golden and cooked through. Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- 5. Scatter slice with remaining dill sprigs and green onion. Cut into eight pieces; serve with lemon wedges.