- Serves 4
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
What salad comes to mind when we say crunchy, creamy and delicious? I bet a broccoli salad wasn’t the first answer to pop in your head, but I can hand on heart say that all these things are true about a broccoli salad.
If you haven’t tried a broccoli salad before, this is definitely a winner in our home and one I encourage you to add to your weekly meal plan too. It’s a hit with the whole family and with broccoli always available it’s great to enjoy at any time throughout the year.
Broccoli salad is so quick to prepare, because the broccoli goes in raw there’s no cooking involved, simply chop up your ingredients and mix them all together in the one bowl and you’re done. If this recipe hadn’t won you over yet, I’m sure the fact that it’s no-cook and one-bowl is helping to win you over now!
Let me tell you what else will win you over with this broccoli salad:
- It’s a new variation to your standard coleslaw salad that the family are a little bored of tasting.
- It’s sweet and creamy, and works well with a side of chicken or lamb.
- With raw broccoli as the main ingredient it’s a relatively healthy meal, or side dish.
Are you now convinced and ready to make yourself a broccoli salad? Good! Here are three things to keep in mind:
- Chop your broccoli well
As you aren’t cooking your broccoli you want to make sure it’s small. Cutting your broccoli small ensures it’s well coated in your dressing so that it’s easy to eat and not dry.
- Keep your nuts as a garnish
You want to wait until you serve your salad before adding your crunchy almonds or pepitas, if you add them too early they’ll loose their crunch, which is a key element in this dish.
- To Grape or Cranberry?
Most broccoli salads include cranberries, but if there are some yummy red grapes in season and you want to use these instead, absolutely do it. It adds another fresh ingredient to your salad and lightens it up, most importantly the sweetness is still there.
We hope you enjoy this yummy broccoli salad with your family, and that it’s a new salad staple in your home!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 5 cups chopped broccoli
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/3 cup red onion (diced)
- 1/3 cup red grapes cut in halves
- 1/2 cup almonds
- Chop broccoli florets and stems into small pieces, and dice red onion.
- In a large bowl whisk together olive oil, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, garlic and salt. Add the broccoli, onion and grapes and mix (ensuring that everything is well coated!).
- When ready to serve add your almonds to the salad and mix.
Here's a few more salads you might like to try:
Recipe Broccoli Salad
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.