- Serves 4
- Makes 1
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
Are you craving a flavoursome salad with some crunch? This Thai Beef Salad with Peanuts is fresh, delicious and perfect for anytime of the year.
We love a Thai Beef salad because of the bold combination of flavours. From zesty lime, to a kick of heat from fresh chilli, and tender, juicy beef – this salad will satisfy your tastebuds and leave you wanting more.
The other great thing about a Thai Beef salad is that it can be adapted for winter or summer. Our Thai Beef Salad with Peanuts is probably better suited to summer, but try adding some roasted pumpkin and serve the salad warm, for a delicious winter meal. You can also adapt your Thai Beef Salad to suit the whole family, for example, you can reduce the chilli if you’re feeding the kids, or add some noodles if you’re feeding the men in the house to make it more substantial.
Thai is a popular cuisine in Australia and we’re so lucky to have such amazing Thai food right at our doorstep! But what are the tips to achieving an authentic Thai Salad at home? We believe there are 2 key elements that you need to nail when creating a Thai Beef Salad that tastes like it’s been bought straight from your local Thai restaurant.
1. It’s all about the crunch
Crunch is one of the crucial elements in getting this salad right. Add some green beans, you want to make sure you don’t overcook these as you want to keep the crunch. Another way to add crunch is with nuts – peanuts or cashews will work beautifully, and not only do they add crunch but some saltiness too. Fresh ingredients like cucumber, carrot and raw cabbage (thinly shredded) work together with all the other ingredients to ensure your salad is super crunchy!
2. Nail the flavour combination
We want to achieve sweet, spicy and salty all together, to get your flavour combo right! It’s all about the soy, this salty ingredient is a key element in the sauce for any Thai Beef Salad recipe, and the great thing is that it’s already a staple in most peoples homes. Add some fresh chilli to bring home some heat, choose your Cayenne chilli or go for the small but extra hot Bird’s Eye chilli if you want it really spicy. Lastly add lime to balance out your flavours.
We hope you enjoy this Thai Beef Salad with Peanuts. Now grab your ingredients, step on into your kitchen and start chopping!
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 1 Medium Salad)
- 500g beef fillet
- 3cm piece fresh ginger
- 4 sprigs coriander
- 4 Tbs (80mL) sunflower oil
- 3 Tbs (60mL) lime juice
- 2 Tbs (40mL) soy sauce
- 1/2 tps ground ginger
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts
- 2 medium red onions
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 1 lebanese cucumber
- 1 carrot shredded
- Peel ginger and chop ginger and coriander leaves finely.
- Cut beef into very thin strips. Heat oil in a wok or a deep frying pan, then sear meat on all sides over high heat, stirring, until no more juice escapes. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix lime juice, soy sauce, ground ginger and fresh ginger. Add cooked beef to the bowl and stir to combine.
- In a pan or wok, dry-roast your peanuts lightly over medium heat then set aside.
- Slice the spring onion (green and white parts) on the diagonal. Cut your chilli in half and remove the seeds, then slice into fine strips.
- Slice the red onion, then add it along with the coriander and peanuts to your bowl of meat - season with salt and mix together.
- Spoon salad onto individual plates. Sprinkle with spring onions, shredded carrot and chilli and garnish with cucumber slices and mint leaves, then serve.
Here's a few more classic salads you might like to try:
Recipe Thai Beef Salad with Peanuts
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.