- Makes 12
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
If you’re wondering how to make Italian Shortbread Cookies, this recipe is a great place to start!
Very light and buttery, these Italian Shortbread Cookies will melt in your mouth! They don’t take long to whip up a batch, so in no time you too can be enjoying one with a coffee!
Ingredients (makes 12 Biscuits)
- 230g Salted butter at room temp
- 120g Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 250g Plain flour
- 1 TBS Milk
Notes... To make these Italian Shortbread Cookies a lemon flavour, add in zest of 1 lemon, and juice from half. Don’t add in all the milk, just dribble it in until the correct consistency is achieved.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Place the butter, icing sugar and vanilla in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until combined, light, and fluffy.
- Add the flour and mix until it’s crumbly and looks like it can’t be mixed more.
- Add the milk and keep mixing. The dough should clump together after about 15 seconds. If the dough doesn't come together, add another tablespoon or two of milk.
- Place the dough into a pastry bag fitted with a very large star tip, and pipe onto a lined baking sheet, leaving space between each cookie
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool completely, and then sprinkle with icing sugar
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.