- Makes 12
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
If you’re wondering how to make Italian Shortbread Cookies, this recipe is a great place to start!
Very light and buttery, these Italian Shortbread Cookies will melt in your mouth! They don’t take long to whip up a batch, so in no time you too can be enjoying one with a coffee!
Ingredients (makes 12 Biscuits)
- 230g Salted butter at room temp
- 120g Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 250g Plain flour
- 1 TBS Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Place the butter, icing sugar and vanilla in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until combined, light, and fluffy.
- Add the flour and mix until it’s crumbly and looks like it can’t be mixed more.
- Add the milk and keep mixing. The dough should clump together after about 15 seconds. If the dough doesn't come together, add another tablespoon or two of milk.
- Place the dough into a pastry bag fitted with a very large star tip, and pipe onto a lined baking sheet, leaving space between each cookie
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool completely, and then sprinkle with icing sugar
To make these Italian Shortbread Cookies a lemon flavour, add in zest of 1 lemon, and juice from half. Don’t add in all the milk, just dribble it in until the correct consistency is achieved.