This is a wonderful, simple recipe that beats anything store bought.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 brown onion, thickly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 drained anchovy fillets
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or verjuice for non alcoholic substitute)
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup seeded black olives, halved
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp cream
- Add chicken and oil to the inner pot. Press the SAUTE/SEAR HIGH TEMP button, set cooking time for 10 minutes and press start, leaving the lid open. Cook until browned all over. Add onion, garlic and anchovies, cook until soft.
- Add wine and tomatoes. Press SAUTE/SEAR LOW TEMP button, set cooking time for 5 minutes and press start, bring to the boil, then stir in remaining ingredients except for the olives and parsley.
- Seal lid, cook on SLOW COOK LOW TEMP for 6 hours or MEAT/POULTRY PRESSURE COOKING for 15 minutes. Press start. Set the valve to SEAL position.
- Once cooking time is finished, set valve to vent. Stir through olives and parsley. Serve with rice or pasta.