There’s little else in this world that kids love more than getting their hands dirty – and these school holidays, SodaStream and Cook Vegetarian have whipped up the best baking recipe of all time! Curated especially to get kids in the kitchen, try out this scrumptious and simple chocolate banana bread recipe.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2-1 cup raw brown sugar
- 125ml SodaStream sparkling water
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C, grease and flour a baking tin. In a mixing bowl using hand eclectic mixer beat oil and sugar together until pale. Beat in sparkling water and eggs, adding one egg at a time. Add in sour cream and mashed bananas, beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour and baking powder. Add in cacao powder and mix until combined. Add dry ingredients into the batter and mix until just combined. Fold in a half of the cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow 5 minutes to cool in the tin before removing. Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing and serving. Enjoy!