For all of you who love a grain salad, we know this Cooked Salmon with Herb Grain Salad will hit the spot.
The Cooked Salmon with Herb Grain Salad recipe is the perfect, light salad with the addition of cooked salmon for added flavour and protein.
What’s great about a grain salad is that it’s hearty, filling and fresh.
If you’re trying to prep your meals, this is a perfect option. It’s also great for a light dinner or for lunch.
Why you’ll love this Cooked Salmon with Herb Grain Salad
This salad is fresh and filling, with ingredients such as avocado and cucumber, and the hero of the dish cooked salmon to add that extra substance and flavour.
What’s great about this recipe is that there’s no cooking required, not even for the Salmon. The Tassal Tassie Cooked Salmon, Naturally Smoked with Cracked Pepper comes ready to eat, so you simply need to flake the salmon apart and add it to the top of your salad.
The Tassal Salmon fillets have been cured in sea salt & smoked over beechwood until cooked through, to give it an indulgent smoky flavour.
The salmon is also a great source of protein and omega-3.
Mouths of Mums are working with Tassal to bring you this recipe. Tassal Cooked Tassie Salmon comes ready to eat. It’s great source of protein and omega-3.
Ingredients (serves 2 | makes 1 )
- 150g Tassal Tassie Cooked Salmon, Naturally Smoked with Cracked Pepper, flaked
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 medium lebanese cucumber, cut into thin wedges
- handful parsley leaves
- handful coriander leaves
- 250g precooked microwave ancient grains mix
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Put the olive oil and lemon juice into a large bowl. Season generously with sea-salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the capsicum, cucumber and herbs to the bowl.
- Heat the ancient grains mix according to instructions; transfer to bowl and toss to combine.
- Spoon grains onto a sharing plate and top with the avocado quarters and flaked salmon. Serve with lemon wedges.