- Serves 8
- 80 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 14 Ingredients
Donna Hay: My boys have been such troopers recently and with home schooling almost done I’ve decided to use two of their favourites to bake them a cookies and cream layer cake and treat them to something a little extra special. Cookies and cream have collided with their favourite chocolate bar KitKat making a double yum layer.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1½ cups (375ml) water
- 175g unsalted butter, chopped
- ½ cup (50g) Nestlé Bakers’ Choice Cocoa, sifted
- 3 cups (450g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 1½ teaspoons bicarbonate of (baking) soda, sifted
- 3 cups (660g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) sour cream
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 375g cream cheese, chopped
- ½ cup sugar mixture, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 500ml thickened cream
- 1 x 170g KitKat Double Cookies and Cream, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (325ºF).
- Place the water, butter and cocoa in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until the butter is melted.
- Place the flour, bicarbonate of soda and sugar in a bowl, add the cocoa mixture and whisk to combine. Add the eggs, sour cream and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Divide the mixture between 2 x 20cm round lightly greased cake tins lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 60 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool in the tins for 10 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, place the cream cheese, vanilla and the icing sugar in an electric mixer and beat for 6 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the cream and beat for a further 30-45 seconds or until thick. Remove ¼ of the mixture. Add the KitKat Double Cookies and Cream into remaining mixture and fold through.
- Trim the tops from the cakes and slice in half horizontally. Place one cake layer on a plate and spread with ¼ of the KitKat cookies and cream icing. Repeat with remaining layers and finish with the plain icing on top of the cake.
Recipe Donna Hay’s Cookies And Cream Layer Cake
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.