Great recipe for little ones, without all the sugar
Ingredients (makes 18 biscuits)
- 1 cup dry baby rice cereal
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 150ml ice water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside
- In a bowl, combine the rice cereal and flour. Pour in the oil and slowly add a little ice water at a time ( you may not need to use the entire 150mls) and stir until the mixture forms a ball of dough
- Roll out onto a floured surface to about 5mm thickness and use cookie cutters to make your desired shapes. Reform the ball and re-roll to use the remainder.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until slightly golden. Cool and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days
You can bake teething rusks from this same recipe. Just roll thick hand-size logs and bake for one hour.