- Serves 25
- Makes 25
- 90 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Doubling as a great school holiday boredom buster, this cute Gingerbread Men recipe from leading dietitian Susie Burrell will satisfy the sweet cravings for children and adults alike this festive season, but without the sugar rush!
Experiment with different toppings for the eyes or buttons using dried fruit, nuts or chocolate drops.
This recipe was created by leading dietitian Susie Burrell for Mayver’s.
Ingredients (serves 25 | makes 25 Gingerbread men)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup Mayver's Skin On Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 cups plain flour, sifted
- Place butter and peanut butter in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well with an electric beater until light and fluffy. Add sugar, egg and vanilla and pulse until well combined.
- Stir in spices and flours. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to rest.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C (fan forced) and line three baking trays with baking paper.
- Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out dough on a large sheet of baking paper until 4-5mm thick. Cut out gingerbread men with your desired cutter and place onto lined baking trays. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden
Tip: If you’re looking for an alternative to brown sugar, try honey or rice malt syrup.