- Serves 6
- Makes 6
- 1.05 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
If you’re after a super healthy banana bread recipe, look no further!
Thanks to Richard Kerrigan, you can now whip up Healthy Banana Bread any time you like.
What do we love about Richard’s Healthy Banana Bread?
- With a healthy banana bread recipe like this, you can keep an eye on your calorie intake. These mini banana breads contain between 350-450 calories.
- They’re quick and easy to whip up and if you’re using mini loaf pans, they’ll cook super fast too.
- This healthy banana bread recipe is one the kids can get involved with!
- The mini loaves are so cute – serve them on a small bread board with a tiny pot of butter
- This recipe freezes really well. In fact we recommend freezing all but one or two immediately – otherwise you might end up eating them all in one sitting eeek!
Who is Richard Kerrigan?
Well apart from being the incredibly talented chef behind this healthy banana bread recipe, Richard Kerrigan is also a Personal Trainer …
“I left school when I was sixteen to study Catering & Hospitality at Thanet College. During this time I was lucky enough to be selected to go and work at Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle at some of the most exclusive events in the world, including Charles and Camilla’s wedding.
Calories per loaf of Healthy Banana Bread:
*Please note the below calories are approximations*
- Healthy Banana Bread Mini Loaf with blueberries = 360
- Healthy Banana Bread Mini Loaf with chocolate = 450
- Healthy Banana Bread Mini Loaf with nuts = 420
Is this the best healthy banana bread recipe you’ve ever tried?
Once you’ve tried this recipe, or compared it to your favourite healthy banana bread recipe, let us know what you thought in the comments below. And if you LOVE this recipe, hit the LOVE button up top of the recipe.
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 6 6 mini loaves)
- 4-5 medium sized very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup rice bran syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 cups plain white flour
- 3 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2-3 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 90g of 70% dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup macadamias chopped
- Preheat your oven to 170°C.
- Peel the bananas and mash together with a fork in a large bowl. Add the rice bran syrup and coconut oil and mix together well. Sift the flour, cinnamon powder and baking soda over the top and beat well with a wooden spoon.
- Decide which filling you’d like to add to your banana breads - blueberries, dark chocolate or nuts and add these to the mix. Leave a few filling ingredients to one side to decorate your mini banana breads before you bake these in the oven.
- Divide the mixture evenly into a 6 space mini loaf tray – silicone (10cm x 5cm), ensuring you wipe any excess mixture from around the edge. Depending on which filling ingredient you decided upon add a few extras of these to the top of the breads for decoration.
- Place the silicon mould onto an oven tray and bake in the oven on the middle shelf for 55-60 minutes. Before removing, stick a metal skewer into the middle of the banana bread ensuring it comes out clean. Then leave to cool down on a cooling rack for 20 minutes and slice.
Richard Kerrigan is a Chef, PT and nutrition coach, dedicated to helping everyday Aussies find a sustainable path to living. Follow @richardkerrigan_ on Instagram where he will be taking you through regular live ‘at home' workouts, cook alongs and sharing exercise videos and mental health tips to help you stay on track from home.