- Serves 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 20 Ingredients
Not your typical Chicken Korma, this Healthy Chicken Korma packs a nutritional punch but still tastes super delicious … Created by fitspo superstar and mum Sophie Guidolin.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 600g chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium (150g) onion chopped finely
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon fine Himalayan salt
- 200g green beans, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1 medium 200g red capsicum, cut into long thin strips
- ½ cup (140g) Sugar-free Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 cup (180ml) chicken stock
- 270ml can light coconut milk
- ½ cup (75g) roasted unsalted cashews, chopped
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- ½ cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1.Trim chicken of any fat, then cut into 4cm pieces.
- 2.Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add spices and salt; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add vegetables and chicken; stir to coat in spices.
- 3.Add tomato sauce, stock, coconut milk and half the cashews; bring to a gentle simmer. Reduce heat to low; cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 4.Remove from heat and stir in half the coriander.
- 5.Top korma with yoghurt and remaining cashews and coriander; serve with brown rice, if you like.
MIX IT UP For a vegetarian version of the korma, replace the chicken with 250g tofu cut into 4cm pieces, the chicken stock with vegetable stock, and add additional vegetables such as 350g broccoli, cut into florets, and a sliced carrot. MEAL PREP Chicken Korma can be made to the end of step 3 up to 2 days ahead; store in an airtight container in the fridge or freeze for up to 1 month. Sophie will be just one of the high profile talent at The Fitness Show this year held between the 12-14th of April 2019. The Fitness Show is set to be the unmissable event of the year for those wanting to be at the forefront of the trends in the health and fitness industry. Don’t miss out on securing your tickets now.