- Makes 12
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Here’s a recipe the kids and I have been loving baking together on a Sunday afternoon. These juicy whole grain oat muffins are infused with chia seeds – a plant-based source of omega 3, fibre and protein.
Ingredients (makes 12 muffins)
- 2 cups UNCLE TOBYS Traditional Rolled Oats
- 2 free range eggs
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 passionfruit, pulp removed, extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a muffin tray with spray oil or line with wrappers.
- To make the oat flour, blitz the rolled oats in a high-speed blender until oats form a flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and maple until the mixture becomes thick. Add the passionfruit pulp, chia seeds, yoghurt, and mix until well combined. Fold through the oat flour mixture and baking powder.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins and then bake for 30 minutes or until muffins are cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow cooling for 10 minutes, and then turning onto cooling rack to cool slightly. Muffins can be stored in air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Muffins can be stored in air-tight container for up to 5 days.