When you need something to cool you down over these long summer days, look no further than Mayver’s Peanut Butter Banana Choc Top recipe. With a hidden serve of fruit, this healthy alternative to an ice cream or icy pole goes down a treat with little and big kids alike!
This recipe was created for Mayver’s by @powerthroughplants
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 6 Choc tops)
- THE POP
- 1/2 cup canned coconut cream
- 1/4 cup Mayver's Smooth Peanut Butter
- 2 cups frozen bananas
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- CHOC TOP
- 1 block vegan chocolate
- 1 tbsp canned coconut cream
- handful crushed nuts of choice
- In a blender or food processor add all ingredients for the icy poles and blend on high speed until combined and smooth.
- Pour into icy pole trays and place in the freezer to set for 8 hours, ideally overnight. The next day, remove the icy poles from the moulds and place them back into the freezer so they don’t melt.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over hot water or in the microwave. Once runny, add the coconut cream and mix until combined.
- One by one, dip the icy poles into the chocolate and place them flat onto a tray with baking paper. Sprinkle over some nuts and repeat the process. Use leftover chocolate to drizzle over the rest of the pops. Place in the fridge to set for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!