- Serves 16
- Makes 16
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
I absolutely love doughnuts but I often find them too oily, as most doughnuts are deep-fried. The pie maker has introduced a whole new world of healthier baked doughnuts and I am in love with this recipe. The crust of the doughnut has a lovely crunch while the inside is cakey and gooey with nutella. This was a huge hit with the whole family.
Ingredients (serves 16 | makes 16 Doughnuts)
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 80g melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 8 tablespoons nutella
- 2/3 Cup caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons cinammon
- 80g melted butter
- Add the flour, baking powder and sugar into a bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl, add the melted butter, egg and milk and whisk together.
- Then add the wet ingredients to the bowl with flour mixture and gently fold together. Be gentle as you don't want to squash out all the air in the batter.
- Add the batter to the piemaker (I don't pre-heat it). I fill up each hole until each is about one quarter full. IMPORTANT - Do not overfill pie holes - otherwise they will not cook
- Add one teaspoon of Nutella to the top of the batter in each pie hole.
- Top with a bit more batter to cover the Nutella. The pie holes should only be about 2/3rds full at this point.
- Switch on the pie maker and close the lid.
- Cook until the bottom is nicely browned and then flip over and allow to continue cooking. Cook the doughnut pies until the top is golden brown.
- Once both the top and bottom are browned, poke a skewer into the centre to check that the doughnut is cooked. You will know that the doughnut is cooked once the skewer comes out without any liquid sticking to it.
- Remove the doughnuts from the piemaker and repeat with the remaining batter (the mixture should make about 16 doughnuts)
- Brush the warm doughnuts with melted butter and sprinkle with the mixture of cinammon and sugar.
Before making this recipe, be sure to check out my top tips for making the PERFECT PIE MAKER DOUGHNUT. Recipes inspired by Best Recipes Nutella Doughnuts