Simple and clean Indian flavours – mildly spiced using traditional spices of the Indian pantry. And no onion, no garlic!
For best results, whip this up in an electric wok, or large saute pan so that you have plenty of room.
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 2 large potato, cubed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cubed
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Shahi jeera/caraway seeds
- 2 sprigs Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 Green chillies, slit
- to season salt
- 5 sprigs Coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- In a nonstick pan, heat oil and crackle mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves, shahi jeera and sauté for 30 seconds. Throw in the potatoes and toss well.
- Add the green chillies, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and season with salt.
- Cook on low heat, stirring only occasionally and let the potatoes fry lightly in the spices till almost done.
- Throw in the diced bell peppers and sauté on high heat for a minute. Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with flat breads, rice or as side