To celebrate Smart Eating Week, Mayver’s has selected their most popular and kid-approved recipes. Try making these Satay Chicken Sweet Potatoes with your children at home in the kitchen!
This delicious recipe was provided by the talented Monica of @monicayatesheath
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 400g chicken mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 4 tablespoons Mayver's Dark Roast Peanut Butter or Tahini
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced (to serve)
- 1 chilli, thinly sliced (optional) (to serve)
- Micro herbs to garnish (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray. Cook the potatoes whole, for 60 minutes or until tender and soft when cut with a knife.
- When there is 20 minutes to go, start making the chicken satay.
- Heat the coconut oil in a fry pan and brown the chicken mince. Add the garlic, ginger, tamari and peanut butter or tahini and mix to combine. Allow to simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. If your mince is getting a little bit dry, add a splash of chicken stock to help keep the moisture in.
- Cut the sweet potato in half and add half the satay to each potato. Garnish each with half the spring onion, half the chilli and half the micro herbs.